Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Sigmatel recovery guide (Updated)

Reply to topic

Dangerousd777

USA US Nevada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:21 am   Post subject: Snif !  Back to top 

Aww damn mine might be screwed, it's a Mach Speed Onyx 4 GB, I think one of the firmware updates may have gotten interrupted, and I got the transfer screen to work (the charging battery and the computer displaying FS and connection to device saying ready) but whenever I try to boot the player not connected to USB it just shows a white screen. Hopefully this method works or I bricked my mp3 player and have to buy a new one. Crying or Very sad

Consecutive updates don't seem to do anything, and I don't know if the methods mentioned in this thread will even work or not.

Download Post  No rating  
Dangerousd777

USA US Nevada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

On mine it just shows a white screen now and is only 1.85 GB as seen by windows.
I think its in recovery mode but I'm not sure, I just wish that small mistake never happened. cause there goes all the money I paid Evil or Very Mad.

Download Post  No rating  
Dangerousd777

USA US Nevada
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:09 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Well I've made no foreseeable progress, and my MP3 player is still bricked (1.8 inch LCD with SigmaTel MSCN chip). If this is of any help, then SigmaTel firmware version is 885.282.509. I'm feeling doubtful about recovery so I'm just going to make arrangements to buy a new mp3 player. I knew I should have probably gotten the Sansa instead.

Download Post  No rating  
soltanisamir

Algeria
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:42 am   Post subject:  Re: Sigmatel recovery guide (Updated) Back to top 

hi,
i have the same problem but with ipod shuffle 512mb SigmaTel STMP3500 STMP35** ...
but now the solution is her. (website Chine)

HER iPod shuffle firmware..... http://bbs.mydigit.cn/read.php?tid=16404
but the websit is chinees u can register to him!!!

i download the file and i uploaded in other server.

HER Soltani Samir
http://www.4shared.com/file/89242066/baff11e0/ipod-shuffle_STMP35xx_firmware.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/89242066/baff11e0/ipod-shuffle_STMP35xx_firmware.html

Download Post  No rating  
Swine70

USA US Texas
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:09 am   Post subject:  Re: Sigmatel recovery guide (Updated) Back to top 

I bricked my onyx 2gig the first day i got it. when updating the firmware i got a screen that said i need to reboot for changes to take effect for my new hardware so i clicked ok and of course i could never get the player back up. took it to the store and told them it never worked and they replaced it.
Not gonna mess with the firmware now lol.

Download Post  No rating  
sasko_bu

Bulgaria
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:02 am   Post subject:  Re: Sigmatel recovery guide (Updated) Back to top 

Hi friends!

An year ago i found solution about one MP4 player here. I have nother problem: Matsui 140MR 4G, when i try to start it on the screen appears "Boot error". This problem starts when my brother did something with the player (i think he tried to format it). When i put it in the USB computer's port it recoignze the player as USB Mass Storage Device (as normal) BUT with 0 KB space. Second format is not possible...

I search many places and forums but i found solutions only for older models. This one is with Sigmatel chip 3630 and the older software not recognize it (stuck on the "searching connected devices" screen). Can anyone tell me what i can do (except throw it on place where no one can found it Wink ) I have Windows and Linux operating systems so if someone can help i'll be happy Smile

Download Post  No rating  
Vukasin

Serbia
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:53 pm   Post subject:  Re: Sigmatel recovery guide (Updated) Back to top 

Hello All!

I have Proline MP702SF model.
It looks like this:
http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/a7/5c/78/75056694-300x300-0-0_Pro+Line+MP702SF+4+GB.jpg
and it has 2GB memory.
I have a wrong firmware installed. I tried it since the player was way too quiet. When I listen to it, I could hear my own voice and everything around me. I thought downloading a new firmware would solve this but instead it is dead now.
I have tried most of these things posted here and none works. Sigmatel file starts to extract the first file but it is working it endlessly.
Is there hope? I hope so.
PLEASE HELP!!

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic