Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

mp4nation.net!??

Reply to topic

seekingaclue

USA US Florida
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:07 am   Post subject:  Re: mp4nation.com!?? Back to top 

I am pretty clueless about the downloading of music and videos, but I have wanted to get involved in it for sometime. For several years I dreamed of getting an iPod, and was thinking of putting one on my Christmas list for this year. But then I decided to get something cheap on Ebay and that is how I arrived at this really interesting and informative forum. While researching the products and sellers I learned about hacking of memory. I am very glad I was able to learn from the experiences of others. But I also learned about the drawbacks of iPodsóalthough they are very beautiful and pleasant to hold and contemplate. So to make a long story short, I have been convinced that an MP4 player is a much wiser choice. The only problem is I canít make up my mind which one. The diversity of features is overwhelming, especially all the different kinds of audio and video files. No one player has everything so I need to know what is important. And since so many people here are so wise and informed, I thought maybe you could help me learn. I have lurked and read so I know the words, but have no experience. I donít want to waste my money and abandon the idea of carrying my music around in a small box, just because I make a stupid choice.

I have watched the videos made by razzer001. They are very informative and also rather campy. I love how he always talks about the box first. He declared the Gemei box ugly.

I adore the Oppo V9. It seems to have everything, even those fine headphones people go on and on about. I think, however, that I would like the 3Ē screen unless that is a bad idea.

I very much like the players with touch controls because they are aesthetically pleasing. I donít like the touch screens though because I donít want fingerprints all over the viewing area and I donít want to keep track of a stylus.

Question 1. Are mechanical controls like those seen on the ainol2000 better or less likely to break than those touch screens like on the Gemei X750?

Question 2. I like the idea of SD card slots. Do you think those are a good thing or do they just bulk up the player and make it more likely to break?

Question 3. How long do rechargeable batteries last in an average player and what do you do when they go dead? I mean too dead to recharge.

Question 4. The ainol2000 apparently has an awesome screen (LTPS TFT) which razzer001 likes a lot. The Gemei has a HD QVGA screen. I know LTPS is reportedly better than QVGA. But does HD make up for that difference. My impression is that razzer, who is apparently very knowledgeable, likes the Ainol better than the Gemei.

Question 5. On the video review the photographs appeared distorted and took a long time to load on the Gemei, but on the Ainol they loaded fast and didnít appear distorted, although it was a different kind of picture. How could this be when they use the same chipset? And speaking of chips would one that has dual chips including the Wolfson chip be better than this fast ADI Blackfin 533MHZ CPU that is in the Gemei and Ainol?

Question 6. The ainol has many more kinds of video listed than does the Gemei. Some of those sound like video types that I would like. There is a mention that more are in the latest firmware, but I think I would be afraid to upgrade the firmware. Do you think for this reason the Gemei would be a mistake?

Question 7. As you can see from my questions, my three favorite players are the Oppo V9, the Ainol2000, and the Gemei. I know the Ainol is not available at the moment, but I can be patient.

Question 8. Which one would you recommend or do you think none are a good choice. I noticed that Mezue and Teclast seem to have wider distribution and more followers. And do you think that I should buy a national brand because these less famous brands look nice and seem to have good features but they are not well made and will break?

Question 9 How come I canít seem to find any in discussion of these players anywhere? It is like people buy them and are going to talk about them, but never do. I have to say it kind of makes me worry.

Thank you for any help you might provide. I am sorry if I have asked too much, but I saw how knowledgeable and helpful you were.

I am just,

seekingaclue

I hope I havenít exceeded any length limits and I hope I am not posting this inappropriately or in the wrong place. I apologize if I am.

Last edited by seekingaclue on Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Download Post  No rating  
razzer001
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:12 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

tsampoy wrote (View Post): ›
razzer001

hopefully my debit card will work...

i plan to purchase meizu m6 but... i've heard that the SL edition will be available in the market on sept 25... in fact, someone in ebay (click here!) is already selling this item for $165 (8gb) , but it will be shipped on sept 25...

should i trust this seller???

i think i should wait a little bit...

hopefully this will be available in mp4nation soon...

any idea razzer001?

The version coming out on the 25th is the China version - which has Chinese writing on the back the language on the player is in simplified Chinese and may have English, and doesn't come with a carrying case. The packing is also slightly different and the manual is in Chinese.

The version we will carry is the International version, not sold in China, with the case and small english writing on the back (like the M6 currently has). The packing is nicer and the manual is in english.

The english version is to come out first/second week of October, no idea yet on pricing. The M6 SP version (the current one out) will be discontinued by Meizu, but they will make the Dane-Elec version.

France
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:36 am   Post subject:  Re: mp4nation.com!?? Back to top 

hey
razzer i still waiting for some answer.
Almost 1 month i have no new about the meizu m6 i bought.

thx

Download Post  No rating  
razzer001
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:59 am   Post subject:  Re: mp4nation.com!?? Back to top 

Smith: We have requested a package trace from the post office, we will know in two working days where it is.

France
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:58 am   Post subject:  Re: mp4nation.com!?? Back to top 

thank you razzer.

Download Post  No rating  
razzer001
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:05 pm   Post subject:  Re: mp4nation.com!?? Back to top 

Seekingaclue: Basically the Ainol is a better player over the other two, its controls, in my book, will probably not malfunction as easily as the Oppo and the Gemei, not because the are more prone to defects, just touch sensitive buttons are more complicated and have a greater chance of messing up than regular push buttons.

The importance of the wide screen depends on you, if you want to see stuff in 16:9 aspect ration than the Gemei is what you want, if you don't care, then the Ainol is the better. The reason images on the Gemei look distorted is due to the screen being in 16:9 aspect ratio, it makes things not in that ratio look stretched.

Having a player with a expandable memory slot is important and i would recommend it. I would recommend the Ainol player, simply because it is a newer player and is overall better.

We will have the Ainol back in stock this week.

USA US Florida
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:09 pm   Post subject:  Re: mp4nation.com!?? Back to top 

Razzer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I think I have narrowed my choice down to the Gemei X750 or Ainol 2000, but i have just a few more questions that you or someone else might answer.

1. Does the 16-9 screen in the Gemei have higher resolution than the Ainol Screen? And since most movies are widescreen, how does a player deal with the difference in aspect ratio? For that matter how do they deal with older things in 4-3? Do they reshape or cut things off and is the distortion bad?

2. You mention a Wolfson audio chip in your video review of the Gemei, but I don't see in the specifications that either has a Wolfson chip. Do they use the blackfin for both the audio and video or does one or both of them also have an onboard Wolfson or other audio chip? If they don't have an audio chip is their sound still comparable to the other players that do?

3. Do either of them have line in recording?

4. The Gemei seems to have been around for awhile, while the Ainol seems pretty new. Despite this they seem to be pretty similar in specs except for the game thing and I could never figure that out. In your opinion do you think both are equally stable, reliable, and lacking in strange bugs that would affect performance? I ask this because I see a lot of threads on this forum about hanging menus and dead players.

5. I read in another thread that the sd card should be formatted to FAT 32 as opposed to FAT (which I guess is how they come?). Will I need to reformat the SD card for use in these players?

I am so glad i found this forum with its helpful members and introduction to reputable sellers. I apologize for so many questions.

Thank you again for your help.

Seeker

Download Post  No rating  
Smith

France
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:39 am   Post subject:  Re: mp4nation.com!?? Back to top 

razzer001 wrote (View Post): › Smith: We have requested a package trace from the post office, we will know in two working days where it is.

So what's up ?

Download Post  No rating  
justdrew

USA US Louisiana
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:59 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

i ordered the gemei from him, i will let you know how it is after i get it. it has a 10 band Custom EQ plus BBE and SRS

Download Post  No rating  
seekingaclue

USA US Florida
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:13 pm   Post subject:  Re: mp4nation.com!?? Back to top 

Thanks justdrew,

That would be great. Not many people take the time to post reviews on their players. I guess a lot of people come here to post about bad sellers and help one another with their players and problems. I like to learn about the players. I think the Gemei X750 is a nice looking player. I like the touch controls and the slimness.

I am curious about how the two different screen configurations will handle video. Either way you are going to lose something. I know televisions compensate, but it is hard to imagine these little players doing that.

I like the looks of the widescreen, even though the total screen area is smaller. It makes for a slimline player.

I am pretty sure I am going to get the Ainol V200 or the Gemei. Although that Hacha PC20 is very pretty. I wish I could find the dimensions for the Ainol V2000. I want to buy it from MP4Nation as the guy from there seems reputable and it is nice he comes here occasionally to answer questions. A lot of my friends say I am going to get stuck and I hope they are wrong. Then they will be wanting one too. Hopefully he solves Smith's problem; it has only been two working days now.

Good luck with you player. I hope it has great sound and video. I look forward to hearing how you like it.

Seeker

Download Post  No rating  
justdrew

USA US Louisiana
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:11 am   Post subject:  Re: mp4nation.com!?? Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  
iixorbiusii
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:26 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi,

I have ordered twice from MP4Nation (Meizu M6 and an Optimus Cobalt) and on both occasions, I found them to be very communicative Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . The M6 took just under 2 weeks to arrive and the Cobalt took 5 days ! I have to wait longer than that for stuff to get posted UK to UK!

So my experience was very good indeed. I guess 'Smith' and Razzer are communicating now.

I will definitely be returning to MP4Nation for an LTPS player, once I have decided which one is the real winner!

MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:24 am   Post subject:  Re: mp4nation.com!?? Back to top 

wow lots of questions to answer, so for the slow reply, been very busy

@smith: Check your email, your issue should be resolved

@justdrew: The Gemei is a good choice, very popular and we have had good feedback on it, let us know what you think when you get it. BTW thanks for mentioning the EQ capabilities, seems like we left that out in a lot of our product specifications, will be correcting this soon.

@seekingaclue: The videos i made are actually wrong, the Gemei and Ainol players do NOT use the Wolfson sound chip, sorry for that - not sure why i said that. However the sound on both the systems is very good.

Neither of the two have line in recording. Although the X750 is older than the V2000, both are pretty bug free, both companies release new firmware updates, so both Gemei and Ainol actively work to improve their players performance. Memory cards, not just for these players, but for many, need to be in FAT32 - i don't think Fat or FAT32 improves or degrades performance, its just how its read.

In other news Ainol is going to come out with a new player the V950 - looks pretty nice, we will probably carry it when it comes out (release date is still unknown):

Also some good news for those looking to get a cheap touch screen player, we will be adding the Onda VX878 - a2GB - 2.4" touch screen player, priced around $70 - $80:

Its like a mini version of the Onda VX858

We have also opened our own site forum, not a competition to this forum, but to help in people discussing the players we have and issues regarding shipping/payment etc - i hope that customers that own our products will come on the forum and give advice to new buyers seeking to purchase similar players. Also it will be a good place for people who own our players to give tips and tricks to get the most out of their players.

If you register you will have access to low priced deals, coupons and be able to enter our contests. Visit http://www.mp4nation.net/forum

France
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:26 pm   Post subject:  Re: mp4nation.com!?? Back to top 

THank razzer to answer, i though i will never see my money back...

Yeah, it seems to be normal.

i will wait to get my player before to give some comment.

Download Post  No rating  
seekingaclue

USA US Florida
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:09 pm   Post subject:  Re: mp4nation.com!?? Back to top 

Thanks everyone for your help. Based on Razzer's recommendation, I made the leap and hopefully will soon be the owner of the Ainol 2000 I purchased from MP4Nation since he was so helpful to me here and impressed me with his handling of problems.

I still look forward to hearing about the Gemei X700 as I have a relative that is interested in it. I thought about waiting for that new Ainol because of the user interface, but I opted to stick with the 2000 and bigger screen. I hope I can work the thing when it finally arrives. Thanks to this site, I at least know I am not getting a hacked player.

I shall post my thoughts as soon as I have the opportunity to use it.

Thanks again,

Seeker

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic