Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

The Blacklist

Reply to topic

xnetbug

Portugal
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:04 pm   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

well, 1gb will do the trick but isn't worth buying from there, i could buy a 1gb for that price in local stores here. Is it at least stereo?

Download Post  No rating  
hazel7797
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:04 am   Post subject: Great !  Back to top 

Yes, that's the way I look at it. I have vowed I will never buy another of these players from ebay, only from reputable online dealers like Uxcell.

In fact I have just ordered two for Christmas gifts from them to replace the rubbish I was lumbered with from eBay.

Will keep you posted on how it goes.

PS I think it's in stereo (well, at least I have sound coming through from BOTH earbuds)

Portugal
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:14 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

hazel7797 wrote (View Post): ›
PS I think it's in stereo (well, at least I have sound coming through from BOTH earbuds)

It's stereo if it has two sepparate sound channels. For example a guitar is playing in the left channel and another guitar in the right. Actually you hear the 2 guitars in both channels but one is louder in one channel and the other guitar is louder in the other.

If you want to know more -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stereophonic_sound

Thanks for the help Smile

Download Post  No rating  
hazel7797
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:48 am   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

Thanks xnetbug

Will check it out. For anybody's information, these are the con merchants I bought my 3 'hacked' players from:

midalap
bidatbid
ugoole

The last one that I was waiting for (in dispute) was ugoole

I got an e-mail today, which went like this:

hi
actually if you buy a player of 1GB, it will also cost you so much.
is it possible that we refund you 5GBP and you keep the item?
thanks

I accepted as I really can't be bothered to go on 'ad infinitum', like I said, I just won't be buying any more from FleaBay!!

Download Post  No rating  
taylhis

USA
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:07 pm   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

newcomdigi on eBay is selling 1GB units as 2GB. Will foolw up with results of disputes.

Download Post  No rating  
hazel7797
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Update on ugoole, they refunded the £5, BUT PayPal took 60p out of it for charges!!! OUCH! Evil or Very Mad

Denmark
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:05 am   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

Just FYI, lcdguard is now trading as "buy.mall!".

I managed to get a hacked player - supposed to be 4GByte, was actually 1GByte. I opened the case and checked the Samsung chip against their database, and bingo it was 1Gbyte (1Gx8). After using the partition encryption and decryption tool in the disk utilities supplied with the player, it now shows the real size of 1GByte. I contacted the seller and asked for a partial refund as I dont want to waste more money sending the unit back. I await their response. If I get no joy, EBay and Paypal will have a complaint filed against the seller.

Nobody produces a real 4GByte player yet (in the cloned Nano style) - this I now know from investigating the issue with various sources. 32Gbit flash chips are VERY expensive and thats why you dont see REAL 4GByte players in the Nano clone style.

Jon.
"If it seems too good to be true - It is."

Download Post  No rating  
hazel7797
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

dkjab wrote (View Post): ›

"If it seems too good to be true - It is."

I totally agree Jon! I'm not having a lot of luck with these players though. After the eBay fiasco I decided NEVER to buy them from there again, so I ordered two (for Christmas presents) from Uxcell, they arrived today and whilst one is fine, the other won't charge up or switch on, so I suppose I will now have another to return (at least you can do that with a reputable firm like Uxcell). Rolling Eyes

Denmark
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:29 am   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

I agree Hazel. At least you get a bit more protection with sellers like Uxcell and VisualLand. I have a couple of different players from VL and they are all good, supplied as described and with warranty you know will actually be there if you need it.

EBay is a good source for many things, but like many forms of retail, there are sharks out there. VL & Uxcell are "more expensive" than some EBay sellers, but sometimes you actually do get what you pay for - eg. aftersales support and warranties.

Sellers like lcdguard are the ones ruining EBay for genuine sellers. lcdguard for instance not only advertises 4GB nano-clone players when none exist yet, but charges 20quid postage and puts 2quid (31HKD) of stamps on the package. Obviously its to make the sale price look less and still make a profit, but for those who dont read the postage charges, it really is misleading, because EBay states that it will not address issues relating to "Postal Charge disagreements". Nice.

Download Post  No rating  
hazel7797
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:27 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yes, also (in this country) you are not entitled to a refund of postage and packing paid, only the cost of the item. So when they charge £20 to £40 (and I have seen these amounts charged), they have probably made a profit on the wholesale price of the items in the first place. Evil or Very Mad

Denmark
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:00 pm   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

I filed a claim against buy.mall AKA lcdguard the other day as my 4GB MP4 turned out to be 1GB. Within 24 hours PayPal had refunded my money as the seller agreed that is was incorrectly shipped. I stated on my complaint that the seller is selling devices marked as 4GB, with hacked firmware to make it look like its 4GB (thereby confirming the fraud, as opposed to just incorrect labelling) and additionally that 10 pounds was paid for shipping with 10 pounds added for "insurance". As the item received was not sent insured, and the total postage amounted to about 2 pounds, I explained that this was also dishonest. I offered to send images of the NAND FLASH chip showing the 1Gbx8 (1Gigabyte) chip inside the player, with a 4GB sticker on the case, plus a screenshot of the reported storage capacity (from Windows). I even said I would send a picture of the envelope with 31.10HKD stamps´on it (worth about 2 pounds) and the shipment number so HK Post could confirm it was uninsured. I was not asked for any further information.

In this case, I offered all the evidence I could as part of the claim, but was never asked for anything. Maybe I was just lucky, but I think it may also be that I stated that I had fairly convincing evidence and listed what it was.

One thing to remember: If Insurance is added to the total as a separate service from shipping and handling, if they do not insure it with the courier it is sent with, you can demand the insurance payment back, and Paypal WILL do this. If its all in S&H, then they wont.

"Dont let the ba5tards grind you down...."

Download Post  No rating  
MRWilliamson1973

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:08 pm   Post subject: Funny Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

Hi dkjab. Smile

I was heartened by you getting you money back. I had filed a claim against this seller with paypal over two months ago. Same thing 1GB instead of 4GB. I got 3rd party evidence of the player only being 1GB, and done pretty much what you did. I was told to send the player back to get a FULL REFUND, which I did. and provided Paypal with the tracking information. Unfortunately paypay even though they received my tracking information (got an email confirming this and resent it when they asked), still managed to cancel my claim saying I hadn’t sent the information. My case is now in appeal (some 10 slow days now). Paypal just fob me off continuously, but hopefully all my previous leg work has helped you with your claim.

All my case notes are now in the hands of my credit card company, as I have had enough of paypal being failpay.

Incidental I have noticed today that the vermin buy.mall! Dosent seem to be selling the players anymore. I can only hope that eBay has finally got off its only caring about making money fat bottom and done something about it.

I wish paypal would put a limit on his account to prevent this rouge trader from conning other people (mind you, you would be amazed how many still buy from him, given the amount of –ve feedback).

Everybody get ready for him to switch to a new eBay account soon, as he has exhorted this one. BEWARE

Download Post  No rating  
hazel7797
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:12 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi

I too filed a complaint with PayPal, they also told me to return the item for a full refund. I returned it, got a tracking number (as they instructed me), faxed it to them and yes, they gave me a full refund (minus the postage it cost to return £6).

Then the seller filed an 'Unpaid Item' case against me and no matter how many times I appealed to eBay (providing proof, that I had paid and had returned the item), but they totally ignored all 10 appeals and never acknowledged me once!!

I now only buy anything on eBay (never MP3/MP4 players) if I can't get it anywhere else!!

Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:13 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

P.S.

One thing though, one of the players I had bought does actually show up in Windows as 4GB (even though it has been formatted under disk manager), but it corrupts everything above 1GB - 980MB)

Anyone have any ideas why this would be? Question

Australia AU South Australia
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:23 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hazel thats because it would actually be a 1GB unit. Thats what they mean by it being a hacked u nit. Its made to show as a 4GB unit when it physically only has 1GB of memory.

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic