Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE)

Reply to topic

corleon

Philippines
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:33 am   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

hi,

i have sunplus 3052a chip iy can be detected by windows with drives G and H, the problem is i cannot open drive G the other drive H ok i can see data folders, please advice how to correct this problem?

i tried with fmpro but alwats ats no device detected

tia,

Download Post  No rating  
eeeks

India
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:46 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

"Ali44
First thing is that you dont have to worry about the H-drive becasue the H-drive is assigned for the memory card .......... if you insert the memory card in it then that drive will open too.AS well as the other issue like when you press the power ON button only the power led got power.This can be the problem of the software or the hardware.In hardware this can be solved by changing the OSCILLATOR which is normally like the small metal tube and have two legs and if you see it closely there normally two values ..........one can be 27.000 or 24.000.........so by changing that too can solve your problem..........the other thing in hardware which can solve your problem is the SMD-Transistor which is of 5 legs and have Number like (A36z or A17u or HX-VG or HX-UG or A17a).In software and for the ISP programme like FRM PRO for software ,first you have to put that MP4 player into camera mode.
I think that is enough helpfull for you otherwise give me more details of your MP4 not the outer details ........... "
first greetings to u all.
i 've also similar probs like u guys - only that i found out at this 27Mhz oscillator 4 problematic or low quality - when i heat it with soldering iron the pmp comes to life then when it cools down everything hangs/crashes. some moisture absorption or bad Taiwan electronics. can some body give me the pinout/datasheet of the oscillator vis a vis pads on the motherboard ? how to format the data area of the flash? no support 4rom one of the best multi-billion coy to not issue a datasheet or application note. only push s(h)ell $$$ by selling craps like this. read their quality policy on h-t-t-p-://w3.sunplus.com/about/0104.asp--.and now when this pmp kaputs they will not replace it - Cambridge, Forbes, Innovation. Anybody out their modding this toy for something better.i know it was a bad investment rather expenditure. can somehow make a spy camera with recording facilities, then re-tailoring of the firmware comes.

Download Post  No rating  
eeeks

India
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:54 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

has anybody explored another connection behind the sunplus chip? USB, JTAG what?

Download Post  No rating  
Zulu007
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Pakistan
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:33 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

eeeks
what you exactly want to know and you have copied all what i wrote.I think the better is to just tell your problem to ask for the solution......

Download Post  No rating  
sid2512
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Algeria
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:21 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

i have problem to convert video for my spmp sunplus
the video freez sometimes and after dyscronisation betwen audio an video
can someone help me.thinks

Download Post  No rating  
basix86

Italy European Union
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Download Post  No rating  
sid2512
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Algeria
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:21 am   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

my pc with windows xp cannot detect my sunplus 3052a spmp as device in order to upgrade or extract the firmware, i tryed different combination of key: ok+a, b+ok,esc...etc but no thing i have only drive i and h to upload mp3 and video .

Download Post  No rating  
salwa
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Afghanistan AU New South Wales
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:21 am   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

but all The links don't works in this subject

Download Post  No rating  
corleon

Philippines
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:51 am   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

hi,

another sunplus 3052 chip(not sliding type) hang on "light your life" on display, when connect to pc it can be detected as image device but not install driver automatically. please post site or link where to find driver.

tia,

Download Post  No rating  
xeirwn

Greece
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:18 pm   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

instead of using dos VDK,
you might try VDKwin, much easier!!

http://petruska.stardock.net/Software/VMware.html#VDKWin

Very Happy

Download Post  No rating  
salwa
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

Afghanistan AU New South Wales
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:10 pm   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

what work ?
all web site close and firmware not found

what work ?

Download Post  No rating  
roossien

Netherlands
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:41 am   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

I have an IC-P4708.
With a SPMP3052A.
Firmware ver is; 4.01.080714.
I tried all kinds of key combinations but cannot get into webcam mode.. wonder if they disable this.
It does have an item in the tools menu to upgrade from SD or flash, but I wonder if it does make a copy of the existing firmware first?
Anyone knows what the key combination is and if its safe to upgrade from flash and does it make a copy (store) of the original firmware?

Download Post  No rating  
Th3_uN1Qu3
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Romania European Union
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

@ eeeks: I may be a bit late but if you still need the info, the oscillator has no "pinout", it's actually not an oscillator but simply a quartz crystal with 2 pins, the oscillator is inside the chipset itself.

So just buy a crystal of the same frequency and solder it in, doesn't matter which way around.

MEIZU M6SL Cool <> black <> 4GB <> 2.4 inch TFT <> Touchpad <> XviD 20FPS <> 25 hours battery (music) <> Wolfson DAC Very Happy <> Sony earbuds
Resigned: SigmaTel STMP3504 <> 2GB <> 1.5 inch TFT
Bye-bye Actions! (at least for now)
Download Post  No rating  
matrod

Uruguay US New Mexico
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi, im from Uruguay, sorry for my english..i have this one:
http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1702081730qa6.jpg

and i saw in this page: http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.uy/MLU-7928175-mp5-mp4-mp3-slide-juegos-camara-digital-tvout-video-fm-audio-_JM
that my pmp can support radio fm, but don't have it!! it has the version v321.56787.

and some people says that it can be used like a web camera...i cant do that

someone can help me?

thanks!

Download Post  No rating  
moaz_dabsheh

Botswana BE Henegouwen
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:27 am   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

hello,

I have Sunplus chipset SPMP3052A and it has a camera plus the SD memory slot, it looks like this one

it's dead and when I connect it to the computer the greed led lights but nothing happens on my computer and no devices are detected, and when I plug the charger the red led turns on and it wont turn on, I tried A+OK and B+OK and OK+Down and tried M before connecting the USB cable and nothing worked, any advice?

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic