Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

The Blacklist

Reply to topic

hypmovator

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi Everyone, like most of you if not all of you I have been scammed by Ugoole when I bought 2 x fake MP4's. I also sent countless emails to Ugoole and got the same bullshit replys offering partial refunds etc. Ebay and paypal are a complete waste of space and do nothing to help the victims. They only care about the profits they are making.

I decided to call the Sun newspaper and email them asking for their help in exposing this multi-million pound scam.

I ask all of you who have been scammed to join me and send you story to Charlie Ray - Consumer editor at the SUN and if enough of us do it they will investigate and not only expose the scammers like ugoole but also the tossers at ebay and paypal who ignore our please for help and just send automated emails that just add to the insult.

Ebay have a duty to protect us and they are getting away with murder. Let's all rise up and hit them where it hurts in their profits through bad exposure.

I have included my email I sent to the SUN below. Also remember the SUN are linked to SKY TV and if Sky get involved we could get the message around the world.

www.the-sun.co.uk

talkback@the-sun.co.uk

Subject: china £multi-million electronics scam on ebay! thousands of UK customers being ripped off every week

FAO: Charles Ray

Dear Charles

I am writing to you to ask for your help in exposing a scam on ebay in the form of fake memory hacked MP4ís that UK as well as global buyers are being ripped off every minute of everyday and no matter how many complaints are sent to ebay and their financial processing arm paypal they just turn a blind eye and will not protect consumers because they are making so much money in fees.

MY STORY

I have been using ebay and paypal for a number of years and as usual went on ebay on the 9th December to buy some last minute presents for my children. I specifically searched for MP4 players listed in the UK where the items location was listed as being in the UK because I wanted the items delivered in time for xmas.

I purchased 2 x 4gb MP4ís from an ebay seller called ugoole specifically because the item and seller were based in Preston UK (Fraud #1 Ė Actually based in China). The item never arrived in time for xmas, then over xmas I received an email from another ebayer warning of the scam and providing me with info on how to check my MP4 when it arrived and various sites that are trying to stop people getting ripped off as ebay who have been aware of the scam for a number of months will do nothing about it and continues to allow the crooks to sell there fake goods on ebay. Money and profit comes first for ebay Ė customers mean nothing to them.

My 2 x 4gb MP4ís arrived and as instructed I inspected the mp4ís and found that both were in fact only 1gb Ė the memory chip had been hacked to make it appear to the average buyer with not software or hardware experience or knowledge as a genuine 4gb MP4.

I complained to the seller, ebay and paypal and still I have 2 fake mp4ís and no resolution as after calling paypal today to complain once again I have been told that I the victim of the fraud must prove that the item is fake at my expense. The seller or crook ugoole can just wait and hope that like most people the ripped off buyer just gives up and puts it down to experience. I have lost £61.01 so far and to continue with the process of claiming my money back I need to get a third party independent electronics company to inspect the mp4ís and put in writing on a company letterhead the mp4ís are in only <1gb fake mp4ís which I will have to pay for and then if paypal agrees with my 3rd party I will then have to send the mp4 back to china not preston Uk registered once again at my expense.

The guy I spoke to at Paypal is called Chris (wouldnít give surname) Senior agent European services 0870 307191 ext 4063. He promised to look into it. But will not confirm if he makes any progress hiding behind the data protection act.

This is happening to thousands of people.

THE BIGGER PICTURE

If you would be kind enough to visit the sites below you will find the full story and you will discover that thousands have been ripped off and even more are continuing to be ripped off and ebay and paypal will do nothing to stop it.

You would think that a company as large as ebay who make billions could put a call centre together to help victims of fraud, instead all the offer is an automated email service which is a total waste of time and resolves nothing.

I hope a paper with as much clout as yours could help others before they get ripped off. All you need to do is go on ebay do a search on mp4 players from buyers supposedly in the uk and you will see the scale of the sales and the rip offs. If you were to run and article in your paper and request anyone who has bought a mp4 on ebay to email you with their true feedback you will be surprised at how many respond. If you also showed the ebayers how to check their mp4 player properly you will also expose many thousands more who did not even know they had been ripped off.

China is having a huge impact on our lives now and in the future and consumers are going to continue to get ripped off unless someone like the sun or news of the world exposes these crooks.

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING SITES FOR MORE BACKGROUND INFO AND TO SEE THR TRUE SCALE OF THESE CRIMES

http://www.xbox0.co.uk/

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/The-Official-Fake-4GB-MP4-Player-Scam-On-eBay-FAQ_W0QQugidZ10000000002547758

THERE ARE LOTS OF LINKS WITHIN THE SITES ABOVE WITH MORE INFO. IF YOU CHECK OUT THE BLACKLIST ON XBOX0.CO.UK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO VIEW THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ALL SAYING THE SAME THING YET EBAY AND PAYPAL WONíT ACT TO STOP THE CHINESE MP4 MAFIA.

Check out the amount of sales and x by average order £30-35 = £multi-millions

Please call me if you would like to discuss further.

I am quite happy to send fake mp4ís to you if you like to verify my claims.

I hope you will take up this case and stop UK citizens being ripped off.

Kind Regards

hypmovator

Download Post  No rating  
hypmovator

United Kingdom UK England
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi Everyone, like most of you if not all of you I have been scammed by Ugoole when I bought 2 x fake MP4's. I also sent countless emails to Ugoole and got the same bullshit replys offering partial refunds etc. Ebay and paypal are a complete waste of space and do nothing to help the victims. They only care about the profits they are making.

I decided to call the Sun newspaper and email them asking for their help in exposing this multi-million pound scam.

I ask all of you who have been scammed to join me and send you story to Charlie Ray - Consumer editor at the SUN and if enough of us do it they will investigate and not only expose the scammers like ugoole but also the tossers at ebay and paypal who ignore our please for help and just send automated emails that just add to the insult.

Ebay have a duty to protect us and they are getting away with murder. Let's all rise up and hit them where it hurts in their profits through bad exposure.

I have included my email I sent to the SUN below. Also remember the SUN are linked to SKY TV and if Sky get involved we could get the message around the world.

www.the-sun.co.uk

talkback@the-sun.co.uk

Subject: china £multi-million electronics scam on ebay! thousands of UK customers being ripped off every week

FAO: Charles Ray

Dear Charles

I am writing to you to ask for your help in exposing a scam on ebay in the form of fake memory hacked MP4ís that UK as well as global buyers are being ripped off every minute of everyday and no matter how many complaints are sent to ebay and their financial processing arm paypal they just turn a blind eye and will not protect consumers because they are making so much money in fees.

MY STORY

I have been using ebay and paypal for a number of years and as usual went on ebay on the 9th December to buy some last minute presents for my children. I specifically searched for MP4 players listed in the UK where the items location was listed as being in the UK because I wanted the items delivered in time for xmas.

I purchased 2 x 4gb MP4ís from an ebay seller called ugoole specifically because the item and seller were based in Preston UK (Fraud #1 Ė Actually based in China). The item never arrived in time for xmas, then over xmas I received an email from another ebayer warning of the scam and providing me with info on how to check my MP4 when it arrived and various sites that are trying to stop people getting ripped off as ebay who have been aware of the scam for a number of months will do nothing about it and continues to allow the crooks to sell there fake goods on ebay. Money and profit comes first for ebay Ė customers mean nothing to them.

My 2 x 4gb MP4ís arrived and as instructed I inspected the mp4ís and found that both were in fact only 1gb Ė the memory chip had been hacked to make it appear to the average buyer with not software or hardware experience or knowledge as a genuine 4gb MP4.

I complained to the seller, ebay and paypal and still I have 2 fake mp4ís and no resolution as after calling paypal today to complain once again I have been told that I the victim of the fraud must prove that the item is fake at my expense. The seller or crook ugoole can just wait and hope that like most people the ripped off buyer just gives up and puts it down to experience. I have lost £61.01 so far and to continue with the process of claiming my money back I need to get a third party independent electronics company to inspect the mp4ís and put in writing on a company letterhead the mp4ís are in only <1gb fake mp4ís which I will have to pay for and then if paypal agrees with my 3rd party I will then have to send the mp4 back to china not preston Uk registered once again at my expense.

The guy I spoke to at Paypal is called Chris (wouldnít give surname) Senior agent European services 0870 307191 ext 4063. He promised to look into it. But will not confirm if he makes any progress hiding behind the data protection act.

This is happening to thousands of people.

THE BIGGER PICTURE

If you would be kind enough to visit the sites below you will find the full story and you will discover that thousands have been ripped off and even more are continuing to be ripped off and ebay and paypal will do nothing to stop it.

You would think that a company as large as ebay who make billions could put a call centre together to help victims of fraud, instead all the offer is an automated email service which is a total waste of time and resolves nothing.

I hope a paper with as much clout as yours could help others before they get ripped off. All you need to do is go on ebay do a search on mp4 players from buyers supposedly in the uk and you will see the scale of the sales and the rip offs. If you were to run and article in your paper and request anyone who has bought a mp4 on ebay to email you with their true feedback you will be surprised at how many respond. If you also showed the ebayers how to check their mp4 player properly you will also expose many thousands more who did not even know they had been ripped off.

China is having a huge impact on our lives now and in the future and consumers are going to continue to get ripped off unless someone like the sun or news of the world exposes these crooks.

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING SITES FOR MORE BACKGROUND INFO AND TO SEE THR TRUE SCALE OF THESE CRIMES

http://www.xbox0.co.uk/

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/The-Official-Fake-4GB-MP4-Player-Scam-On-eBay-FAQ_W0QQugidZ10000000002547758

THERE ARE LOTS OF LINKS WITHIN THE SITES ABOVE WITH MORE INFO. IF YOU CHECK OUT THE BLACKLIST ON XBOX0.CO.UK YOU WILL BE ABLE TO VIEW THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ALL SAYING THE SAME THING YET EBAY AND PAYPAL WONíT ACT TO STOP THE CHINESE MP4 MAFIA.

Check out the amount of sales and x by average order £30-35 = £multi-millions

Please call me if you would like to discuss further.

I am quite happy to send fake mp4ís to you if you like to verify my claims.

I hope you will take up this case and stop UK citizens being ripped off.

Kind Regards

hypmovator

Download Post  No rating  
princessanne1026
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

USA US New Jersey
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:36 pm   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

hypmovator - I'm glad you're motivated to shutting down the scams of ugoole, but could you kindly not double post, as it clogs the forums? If you kept this post to one particular thread, I'm sure people would still read it.

Download Post  No rating  
rpertusio

USA
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

rpertusio wrote (View Post): ›
Add e-britain to the Blacklist! Received an advertised '4GB', which after formatting became a 1GB player.
Here's a follow-up to my situation:

After about 13 emails with e-britain, I convinced them to refund me $42.08 USD (received tonight)...the price difference between the advertised 4GB and a regular 1GB. (They would not budge on any higher number.)

It isn't the best outcome... but it is better than nothing.

- rp

Download Post  No rating  
Gothica De Pwner

United Kingdom US California
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:00 am   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

supermuimui88

Sold me a 4GB MP3/MP4 Player with Radio and Record Function.

Following is a list of problems with the crap he gave me:-

The Battery does not hold charge.
I tried charging it up, with a different plug (Same as the one he sent me, but UK Version used to charge up a phone (Just stick the USB Cable in and go). However the Player didn't hold the charge. Charged for 5 Hours, lasted 1 minute.

It is not 4GB its only 1GB.
Hee Hee, Was when I got it. There was some problems with it, so I lo-formatted the Chipod. (Yes there was another drive that Windows could not read. It was about 2MB). Hey, it wouldn't be a scam with out this problem. The Player is Brilliant! Just this hich that annoys me...

Oh what annoys me more, is the seller is convinced that its a 4GB. (Mate me and 10 or more other people said its not. Ok. Your wrong dude. Loser.) (Sorry, I generally do that. Talking to my self.) I left him a blow on his feed back and he wants me to remove it. (Yeah right. Thats just what i'll do).

I have demanded that I either get a FULL refund or he sends me what I paid for. 3 More 1GB MP3 Players please Smile

It doesn't play MP4's.
Erm. Doesn't play MP3s anymore either... (Flashed it thinking an update would fix it. Broke the entire player). I have to convert it to AMV or something like that... Great. There goes my Saturday night.

The Charger is US not UK.
Dispite my address (Recieving this item) been in the UK. He sent me an US Charger. On top of which, I had an Electrics Expert (My dad) to look at it, It wasn't fit for use, and could of killed me, the house's fuse box and blown my Chipod to pieces. (At the moment I don't know if thats a good or bad thing). One of the wires was dangourously close to touching another one (The RED wire was NOT soldered in!) It was close to touching the BLACK wire.

The Driver Disc Contains Viruses.
Thank god, I have a virus checker! I used the disc that came with it. Windows (Avast AntiVirus) would not let me install anything off the disc becuase it contained Win32:Trojan-gen. {VC}.

FEED BACK I LEFT HIM:-
Quote: › WARNING Known Scammer, sent me 1GB instead of 4GB (See www.xbox0.co.uk) DONT BUY

User Profile:-
supermuimui88's Feedback Profile

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER!!!

Download Post  No rating  
Que
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous
MPx-a-lolics Anonymous

Netherlands
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:32 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

http://stores.ebay.com/iStore-Electronics aka MENSAN666 sells 4gigabyte players that are 1 GB, items located in China, advertises as Britain located. Very offensive comments to bad feedback.

I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

United Kingdom UK City of London
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

rpertusio wrote (View Post): › Here's a follow-up to my situation:

After about 13 emails with e-britain, I convinced them to refund me $42.08 USD (received tonight)......
It isn't the best outcome... but it is better than nothing.

- rp

I managed to double the refund they offered and am expecting 10GBP from them. Hopefully before Christmas 2007. I am not closing my dispute until I see that money.

I am wondering what to put on his feedback....

Thank you all for your help.

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Update. I have reason to believe:
The scam has been reported to BBC watchdog.
Co-incidentally (?)
e-britain is not currently offering any items for sale and has set feedback to private.
Other questionable MP$ sellers still plying for trade, eg
mp3_ex
factory2you
hkgamez
keistore
sevenmp4
... (negatives indicating incorrect memory size)

Download Post  No rating  
Pzr

Sweden
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:26 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Oh
I'm currently in dispute (escalated) with e-britain.
Had the feeling he/she wouldnt pay the agreed compensation so...
Let's see if paypal meets up to their part of this bargain and helps me out. If not, I know what to tell people who ask's about using eBay/paypal in the future...

Download Post  No rating  
mpj-mlj
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

USA US Massachusetts
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Pzr wrote (View Post): ›
Oh
I'm currently in dispute (escalated) with e-britain.
Had the feeling he/she wouldnt pay the agreed compensation so...
Let's see if paypal meets up to their part of this bargain and helps me out. If not, I know what to tell people who ask's about using eBay/paypal in the future...

I already know what to tell others of Ebay and Paypal.....

They both used to be good... now, nothing but problems it seems.
My last 6 of 7 transactions have been problems. Neither Ebay or Paypal helps out.

Download Post  No rating  
Strummin'Ronin
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:19 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

auser wrote (View Post): ›
Update. I have reason to believe:
The scam has been reported to BBC watchdog.

Excellent news.

I left my feedback for e-britain short and sweet, saying that the info on the auction is wrong, and I had to open a dispute over it. I only left him neutral tho, since he was willing to and quite swiftly doubled the amount of the partial refund - which has been passed onto very deserved hands.

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:41 pm   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

yep E-Britain has tricked me... luckly while i was searching for a firmware upgrade i came across the scam thing i just recieved my product today and I have threatened him so far by email.. just waiting for a reply.. anyway i know this has nothing to do with this but you see there is this koooll firmware upgrade it has tha menus justtt like an ipod could i upgrade the fake one to this or do i have to put another chip inside and patch it?

Oh yeh this is my firmware.. I havent done that tuturiol to fix my fake player to a 1gb but am a little confused..

Heres my firmware and stuff
1.5"
act2097_s72_1

I dont understand why when I search this forum its all about 3.5.0... I dont understand this Action thing plus all I want is an Ipod Nano Theme a real one but I dont know anything about it.. like I am a little confused with the 3.5.0 thing

Download Post  No rating  
Strummin'Ronin
I love my MPx player
I love my MPx player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:18 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

AmNite, best of luck - I managed to get a partial refund from him, so I hope you'll get at least that. But IMHO get on with starting a Dispute through PayPal as soon as possible.

Secondly, please could you upload your firmware? I could do with the same one that you have, as I also have a 1GB i-pod clone from e-britain, and have messed up mine in the process of getting the REAL amount of memory that has been fitted on it.... d'oh, yeah. I don't mind that dodgy floral theme - I just want the darn thing to work again so I have something to use in the gym, and on my way to work!
Please help!!

AmNite wrote (View Post): ›
... I have threatened him so far by email.. just waiting for a reply..

United Kingdom
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:10 am   Post subject:  Re: The Blacklist Back to top 

I would.. but I heard there is no software yet to extract the latest firmwares?

Download Post  No rating  
tadad1

New Zealand
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:36 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

AmNite, No way to theme you player at the moment, once the new firmware extraction tool is released for the 9.0.50 and 9.0.48 versions then you may be able to do an iPod mod on your firmware.

Actions is the company that manufactures the cpu chips for most of these players. The 3.5.XX series firmware is for players using the ATJ2085 version chip. Your player has a newer chip version either the ATJ2091- to -ATJ2097, these use the 9.0.XX series firmware which is very different.

If you have been ripped off with a hacked player by a seller submit a report to www.ic3.gov
Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic