Advertisement

Chatbox

There are 0 user(s) on chat now:

[ Login to join chat ]

Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE)

Reply to topic

Beerzerk

Brazil
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:53 pm   Post subject:  Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

HOW TO RECOVER/EDIT/BACKUP FIRMWARE OF PMP PLAYER SUNPLUS SPMP3050A

By : Neno Molina - http://www.vm2informatica.com.br - Brazil
nenomolina_at_vm2informatica_dot_com_dot_br
His company works whit a lot of types of PMP, MP3, Ipods, and he do some miracles, like this case.
***** Let's Begin!!!! *****
All the tools mentioned in this article are in my personal folder, at www.4shared.com:
http://pmp-sunplus-recover.4shared.com/
At first, I have to say 2 things:
1) Sorry for my poor english
2) This procedure is for everyone who lost their PMP Firmware, want to backup their firmware or edit. Don't try to update if your device is working fine. I'm not responsible for what could happen whit it. I've recovered this type of PMP, maybe will work for your too.

Well, let's do it!
You will need :
FRM Pro
ISP 5.2 (to update the firmware, if it's necessary)
VDK (To open and edit AIMG):
Firmware Files
Drivers

For 3 days, I've tried to find the right firmware for this device:
http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1702081730qa6.jpg
And what I could find it's a lot of compatible firmwares, AIMG, BIMG, with and without Radio, NES Emulation, etc. So, I've decide to make a "Frankenstein's Firmware", putting togheter all the firmwares, images disassemblys, crashes on Windows, trash, cigarretes, and a lot of junk Razz At the end, I've upgrade the firmware with this file: and I saw the light.

First Step :
Install the drivers, FRM, and ISPBe sure that your device could be identified by Windows, in this case:
- Press and hold A + OK buttons togheter (Maybe in your device, could be others combinations)
- Plug the USB Cable holding A + OK
If you hear tha classic sound of plugged USB Device in Windows, and starts to install the drivers, you're lucky!!!

Second Step :
After the device is recognized by Windows, You can open the FRM application, and try to recover some parts of the firmware:
- Create a folder to work with the FRM, on C:\ (Example : C:\FRM)
- Open the FRM app, go to ADVANCED tab
- Click with the right button on the RSV, and next on the "Set Working Folder" (Example : C:\FRM)
- Right Click on A Icon, and select "Get A Image". Wait until finish.
- Right Click on B Icon, and select "Get B Image". Wait until finish.
- Right Click on Firmware Icon, and select "Get". Wait until finish.
At this time, you'll have 3 archives on the C:\FRM directory :
- AIMG : FAT Image of the applications and the whole system of the PMP device, included the SPMP3050A.BIN (inside the AIMG, you will see at the next steps), the driver for the SPMP3050A, i don't know if changing this archive will make the firmware work in other tipes of SPMP30XXX devices.
- BIMG : FAT Disk Image, whit one archive inside, I don't know yet what is it for =P
- DefaultFw.bin : the firmware image itself, it can change from one device to another.
If for some reason you get errors, the firmware and images are corrupted. This device that I've fixed have this 3 archives on the memory, and AIMG have 51MB, but when I open it with the VDK, have less tha 7MB of files, it's a signal of corruption on this image.

Well done. This next steps it's for someone whos want to edit your firmware too =D

Third Step : VDK and editing disk image.
To make it easy, unpack the vdk on the directory c:\FRM
As I said, the VDK it's an app that open disk image files. In Linux, You can open it whit

this commands (as root):

mount -t auto -o loop /home/user/AIMG /mnt/test

(Just an example)
In Windows, You have to go into directory that you saved those 3 image files, and mount AIMG as a disk into My Computer:

cd c:\FRM\vdk32-050406
vdk start
- To start the service
vdk open 0 C:\FRM\AIMG /RW
- to open the AIMG file
vdk link 0 0 Z
- This will make the AIMG mounted on My Computer as Local Disk (ZSmile

You will see inside the Z: disk all the files that your PMP uses, as applications, translation files, Fonts, Icons and Images. Remember that this disk content can be edited, but have a limit of the size of the AIMG file. Maybe you can't include a lot of files, just edit.
Make the changes that you want. If you want to to create a new AIMG, You have to copy all those files into a new directory, creating the A directory on C:\FRM.
Next, you'll see how to create a new AIMG without limits of size.

Fourth Step : Creating a new AIMG file with FRM
Well, you see how to open the AIMG, but now, you want to include more images, or the system is complainig that the Z: have no disk space.
That's simple : create a new AIMG file!!!
- Go to FRM > Advanced
- If you have created the A directory inside C:\FRM, it will show at your interface. Click whit the right button on the left-panel A icon and next in "Create A Image". This will create a new C:\FRM\AIMG, whit the contents of A directory:
- When you click on "Create A Image", a new window will appear. Mark on the box "Enable Detect", next in "Detect blk size", to create an FAT image consistent with the number of blocks in the NAND memory inside the PMP, next in "Save blk size" and OK to start creating.
After this, follow the next step...

Fitfth Step : Uploading the firmware to PMP
Upload the firmware its simple:
- On FRM app, click on BASIC tab, select : Program All - Disk Img mode - Read Verify
- Click on ISP (the device should be connected at this time, sure)
- Click on Log Window button. A new window will open, to show the results. If fails, maybe the DefaultFw.bin maybe corrupted or the AIMG do not contains the SPMP3050A.bin file inside it. Try to recover the AIMG form the beginning steps, and put the driver file inside the C:\FRM\A\ directory.
There is some pics of the functional PMP:

http://img111.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1702081730qa6.jpg
http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1702081731hk0.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1702081732to3.jpg
http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1702081733vg6.jpg

P.S. : some features of this PMP isn't functional after this, the DV crashes and the NES roms isn't work, so I download one file : pmp400_firmware_ver07.zip from my personal folder, and using the ISP 5.2 to upgrade the firmware, after this, everythings works fine, included the NES Emulator, as you all can see on the pictures.
In the ISP :
- Select NORMAL and NAND
- Click on ISP, and select the unzipped firmware
- Let the program update it
As I said, everything works fine!!!
Thanks everyone, and I hope that this little HOW-TO help a lot of people to recover their PMP Sunplus.
OBS. : The complete firmware for this device is inside my personal folder, at 4shared.com:
http://pmp-sunplus-recover.4shared.com/
If you want to test it, its at your own risk. Update it with the file mentioned above Wink
Thanks again to Neno, from Brazil!!!

Download Post  No rating  
shrikanth

India
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:53 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

hey i am not even able tp switch on my player after trying to upgrade a wrong firmware.can u give me some soloution.
my dead player is jxd 661.

Download Post  No rating  
Beerzerk

Brazil
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:19 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

shrikanth wrote (View Post): › hey i am not even able tp switch on my player after trying to upgrade a wrong firmware.can u give me some soloution.
my dead player is jxd 661.

You have to try a different combinations of keys to enter on recover mode, as I said, each device have a combination.
Look if your processor realy is a Sunplus or SISIS too.
In this case, I've use the combination of keys A + OK, and in SISIS you have to press ESC while conect the USB cable, and you will acess the firmware partition.

Download Post  No rating  
mahmoodhassani

Iran
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:37 pm   Post subject:  I did this ...but! Back to top 

hello
thanks for your guide.
i did this steps my pmp ( Sunplus PMP-704 v21.00)... and can load up but not completely...the welcome screen come up but not work and can't load menu...and windows XP can't recognize my pmp memory...here i just recognize by A+OK for update firmware but hang on load screen and nothing load up...........
there is no factory support site Crying or Very sad

PLz Help me
my pmp:
suplus-spmp3050A
Board : pmp-704 v21.00---Made china
Please help me@!!!!!

Download Post  No rating  
cheekeens

Philippines
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:09 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

how long does it take for the uploading to complete?

Download Post  No rating  
mahmoodhassani

Iran
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:23 am   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

ok
thanks
wheb i wait that will be upgrade
and when upgrade my china pmp-704-sunplus spmp3050a
that come up ang again reset, the usb flash work and rcognize by win xp
but controls did,nt work.
my problem is my version of my AIMG+BIMG+DeFULTFW
i need my original files

pmp-704
spsmp3050A
dv-mp4 player
maid china
plzz if some one has this please uploade for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Crying or Very sad

Download Post  No rating  
Beerzerk

Brazil
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

cheekeens wrote (View Post): › how long does it take for the uploading to complete?

cheekeens, for me, it takes half hour, in USB 1.1, maybe in 2.0 its more fast

mahmoodhassani, did you upgrade in the last step, with the firmware file as described?

Download Post  No rating  
ali44

Iran
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:09 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

hi
thanks for your giud , but i hav a problem, windows xp recognize two removabel disk(when i connect mymp4 sunplus 3050a player to computer)
I and H i can open I dirver but i cannot open H driver when i whant to open that it sayes insert H

when i open frm and isp program ang slect :get A:cannot detect device ( my mp4 is dead when i power it on olny pwore led runs red) please help my

Download Post  No rating  
Zulu007
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Pakistan
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:41 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ali44
First thing is that you dont have to worry about the H-drive becasue the H-drive is assigned for the memory card .......... if you insert the memory card in it then that drive will open too.AS well as the other issue like when you press the power ON button only the power led got power.This can be the problem of the software or the hardware.In hardware this can be solved by changing the OSCILLATOR which is normally like the small metal tube and have two legs and if you see it closely there normally two values ..........one can be 27.000 or 24.000.........so by changing that too can solve your problem..........the other thing in hardware which can solve your problem is the SMD-Transistor which is of 5 legs and have Number like (A36z or A17u or HX-VG or HX-UG or A17a).In software and for the ISP programme like FRM PRO for software ,first you have to put that MP4 player into camera mode.
I think that is enough helpfull for you otherwise give me more details of your MP4 not the outer details ...........

Download Post  No rating  
salarsat
Keen on MPx players
Keen on MPx players

China
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:30 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

hi
how can i extract firmware from SUNPLUS 3052A,
thaks

Download Post  No rating  
Zulu007
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Pakistan
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

search the forum there is very detailed guide by which you can extract the firmware from the 3052A......

Download Post  No rating  
m-soul-of-love

Syria
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Plese some one help me i cant connect the pmp to pc

i can connect it but in removal desk mode

but thes
- Press and hold A + OK buttons togheter (Maybe in your device, could be others combinations)
- Plug the USB Cable holding A + OK

can not work

plese anser me

Download Post  No rating  
Zulu007
MPx Junkie
MPx Junkie

Pakistan
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

for the moment i know the three combinations.
1.Hold the M-Button while pluging the USB cable in the powered OFF pmp.
2.Hold the OK+A button .
3.Hold the OK+Down button.
I hope my be any combinatiion is usefull to you.

Download Post  No rating  
m-soul-of-love

Syria
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:31 am   Post subject:  Re: Dead PMP Sunplus Recover Guide (UPDATE) Back to top 

THANK YOU FOR ALL THING

Download Post  No rating  
m-soul-of-love

Syria
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:45 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Ihave a proplem

plez heeeeeeeeeeelp

i do every things exapt this

its sty like this ........................

plez help me

Download Post  No rating  
Sponsored Links

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic